Michelle Lee Carlson
MBA with expertise in creating and driving global marketing campaigns, developing and implementing business and market strategies, product positioning and life cycle management. Effective communicator, who collaborates well with cross-functional and international teams to develop and achieve strategic objectives, deliver on challenging goals and increase product line revenue. I am looking for a position in Product Marketing or Management, Channel Marketing, Marketing Program Manager or an agency position.
-Product Marketing and Product Management in emerging technologies
-International marketing programs, collateral and campaign development, analysis and reporting
-Competitive analysis, market definition, messaging, positioning and pricing strategies
-Program & project management, account management, lead generation, production managment
-Develop and evangelize strategic partnerships and sales channels
-Cross-functional and international team management
-Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, pro-active, positive, get-it-done attitude
-MS Office, Project, Access, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Softrax, Lawson, Brio
OpenTV Corp, Mountain View, CA
Product Marketing & Product Manager
OpenTV Authoring Tools and Partner Program
OpenTV is the world’s leading interactive television software company. Deployed in over 50 countries with over 50 million users, OpenTV is the most deployed interactive television solution. OpenTV was chosen by leading cable and satellite operators to fulfill their interactive television efforts. Customers include: Echostar’s Dish Network, BskyB in the UK, TPS in France, DIRECTV Latin America and Foxtel in New Zealand.
OpenTV Home Page
Follow this link to see the copy and collateral I developed as Product Marketing Manager for the OpenTV tools software suite:
OpenTV Tools Page
Follow this link to see the collateral I developed as Product Marketing Manager for the OpenTV Partner Program:
OpenTV Partners Page
Follow this link to see a press release on how the content authoring tools I managed helped close business for OpenTV
OpenTV FOXTEL press release
Product Marketing & Product Management
* Developed and managed global promotional campaigns (online, print and email) for interactive television (iTV) authoring tools software suite, campaign success reporting and analysis.
* Developed targeted marketing and launch plans, lead generation efforts (reporting, profiling, tracking and follow-up) and sales plans for international sales force (Europe, Asia-Pac, US).
* Produced full package of collateral, sales training, FAQ’s, white papers, writing content, developing messaging, working with creative, production color correction, proofing and editing.
* Managed global demo and tradeshow strategy translating technical information to concise promotional pieces. Represented company at tradeshows and developer events. Pre-show management, messaging, logistics and post event analysis, lead reporting and follow-up.
* Re-launched OpenTV Partner Program in collaboration with Business Development team, stimulating sales and delivering on associated channel marketing and sales support activities. Implemented the authoring tools strategic development partner initiative, creating new revenue opportunities. The program launched on schedule delivering consistent revenue.
* Completed comprehensive market analysis of product line by analyzing research data, surveying customer base, assessing market needs and customer requirements to develop product strategy and roadmaps, refine positioning, messaging, value proposition, pricing and ROI models.
* Redesigned product family website with ad agency to deliver more consistent, targeted and simplified messaging under tight deadlines. Created and maintained the intranet site for internal product information, documentation, marketing plans and sales tools improving information flow.
* Collaborated with worldwide (Europe, Asia-Pac, US) sales staff, attending customer meetings and resolving customer issues increasing overall organizational performance, customer satisfaction and repeat sales. Prepared pre and post sales customer fact sheets, RFP and RFI responses; information collaboration, editing, proofing and final delivery.
* Managed interactive television (iTV) authoring tools software suite from development to release, engineering resource management, QA cycles, documentation production, packaging, addressing market needs, translating customer requirements to product features, revised pricing, MRD, PRD, Marketing Plan development.
* Managed cross-functional and international teams for product development, delivery, and customer issue resolution, working with sales, support team, engineering, finance and executives as needed.
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
* Inside sales of authoring tools software suite to capitalize on discounting promotion after user conferences. Increasing sales for the quarter by 400%, beating quota and delivering qualified sales prospects for 2001 sales year. Ongoing inside sales responsibility between events.
* Managed lead generation process implementing reporting and targeted follow up of leads after large marketing events and trade shows. Post event analysis and reporting.
* Coordinated, edited and packaged responses to RFP’s and RFI’s, detailing technical answers, formatting input from various departments into one cohesive document, and delivery to all points in the customer’s organization never once missing a customer response deadline.
* Coordinated and executed semi-annual worldwide sales meetings and annual User Group Forums for international customer base to evangelize the platform to Cable and Satellite Operators. Coordinated domestic and international venues, speakers, travel and vendors to produce high quality professional and informative events.
* Aided in implementation of inventory fulfillment and financial reporting databases, validating customer records and automating the M&S renewal process increasing renewal revenue.
* Managed the affairs of the Worldwide Sales Senior Vice President, growing his favorable reputation as an effective VP and manager, consistently growing sales surpassing quotas and performance objectives set by President and CEO. Extensive travel, calendar and correspondence management.
Wired Ventures, Inc, San Francisco, CA
Executive Assistant to COO, CFO and General Counsel
1996 – 1998
Wired Ventures was the parent company of Wired Magazine and the web properties, hotwired.com and wirednews.com as well as the award winning search engine hotbot.com. While at Wired I participated in two uncompleted IPO events, the Series C funding round and eventual sale of Wired Magazine to Conde Nast Publications.
Executive Assistant to COO, CFO and General Counsel
* Prepared for all Board meetings, coordination of all materials, follow-up signatures, archival of actions and minutes.
* Administrated Employee Stock Option Plan.
* Prepared for and facilitate all logistics, due diligence and contract management for various corporate transactions, including private equity investments, IPO and sale of the company.
* Produced and delivery of financial reporting packages, ensuring compliance with various investor rights agreements reporting was consistently delivered under stringent timelines.
* Provided executive administrative support to CFO, COO & General Counsel, keeping executives on schedule, maintaining positive reputation and accessibility. Extensive travel, calendar and correspondence management.
Cooley Godward, Castro, Huddleson and Tatum
Palo Alto and San Francisco, CA
Cooley Godward Castro Huddleson and Tatum has 500 attorneys practicing law in areas ranging from Life Sciences and Technology Transactions to Employment & Labor and Intellectual Property Litigation. Whether paving the way for global wireless communication or handling one of the largest mergers ever in the medical device industry, Cooley is known for its experience, breadth and vision and for helping clients build and protect their business interests and assets.
Cooley Godward Home Page
* Assisted lawyers in various corporate transactions spanning all aspects of corporate governance, consistently receiving excellent reviews, fostered a positive reputation and was frequently requested to assist many attorneys. Continued to receive greater responsibilities and established a trust bond with Partners and Associates, working on strategic and highly confidential transactions.
* Served on the task force to devise new records categorization scheme and database for prominent west coast law firm spread over 30 practice groups and 5 west coast offices to standardize naming conventions minimize file duplication and facilitate quick and efficient records maintenance and retrieval.
M.B.A., Marketing and International Business, Santa Clara University, June 2001
B.A., Psychology, University of Missouri – Columbia, May 1993
Native English speaker, conversational French (studied) and Portuguese